Jul 30, 2014
Yuzu Salmon Tartare with Sous Vide Pasteurized Egg Yolk
Cooktime: 1 hour sous vide
- 1 8oz Sushi Grade Boneless, Skinless Salmon Filet
- 2 Eggs – room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Yuzu Juice
- 1 teaspoon Grapeseed Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Shallots
- ¼ teaspoon Lemon Zest
- ½ tsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp Salted Capers
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup Fresh Watercress
- Set up Nomiku water bath and turn temperature to 57ºC (135ºF).
- Put eggs into water bath to sous vide for 1
Mar 27, 2014
Thirsty Thursday Cocktail alert: Sous Vide Whiskey Ginger!
Sous vide a cup of water, a cup of raw sugar, and one large sliced ginger for 2.5 hours at 58C. Take two tablespoons of the infused syrup and shake it with some ice and an oz. of whiskey. Strain into a glass with ice, top with some sparkling water and garnish with a lime. Absolutely refreshing!
(We promise we aren’t just drinking all day…)