Sep 3, 2015
Sous Vide Paleo Lemon Curd by The Feisty Kitchen
A little note about this recipe from Natasha Gildea of The Feisty Kitchen!
This is so tasty and delicious and can be put on ohhhh so many things! Allllll the things in fact! You can enjoy it very simply as I’ve shown above just topped with some fresh berries. I had some blackberries in the refrigerator, but any berry would be wonderful! I can’t wait to go get some strawberries, raspberries and blueberries to try out with this curd. Imagine spreading this luscious lemon curd on scones, pancakes, waffles, layering it in a trifle with berries and whipped coconut cream, or just eating it solo with a spoon!
I have made traditional lemon curd before, although it’s been awhile, and it was so yum. This time I made it paleo by subbing out the white sugar and replacing it with raw honey. I also opted to use ghee rather than butter this time around.
- 3 Meyer lemons, zested then juiced
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup ghee or butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup lemon juice (from the 3 lemons)
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated on microplane
- pinch of sea salt
- Zest lemons using microplane or vegetable peeler (make sure to avoid white pith.)
- In a food processor, add zest, honey and grated ginger, pulsing first then process until zest is combined.
- Next, add melted ghee/butter and process.
- Then add in eggs, one at a time until combined.
- Finally, add lemon juice and sea salt and process until just mixed.
- Fill sterilized canning jars with lemon curd and place lid on. Submerge in water bath and cook at 79°C for 40 minutes
- Gently whisk the curd to stir and then reseal jars.
- Cool jars in an immersion ice water bath set at 0°C for about 20 minutes or until chilled (-OR- put jars in refrigerator to cool)
(Recipe adapted from Ina Garten’s Lemon Curd, found on foodnetwork.com)
A little about Natasha…
Cooking style: Simple and easy with BIG flavors with a pinch of attitude! Favorite food: TACOS
Tweet Like Pin Post Plus
Tags: autoimmune, chef, citrus, cleaning eating, cooking, curd, dessert, food, foodgasm, foodie, foodporn, fruit, hashimotos, healthy, how to, lemon, nom, nomiku, paleo, recipe, sous vide, sousvide, sweets.