Mar 17, 2015
Sous Vide Irish Coffee Ice Cream
Mar 17, 2015
Makes about 1 quart
Cook time: 1 Hour Sous Vide
- 1 ½ Cups Whole Milk
- ½ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ Cup Coffee – Room Temperature
- 1 oz Irish Whiskey
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Large Egg Yolks
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- Pinch Maldon Smoked Salt
- Set up Nomiku water bath and turn temperature to 85ºC (185ºF).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks, milk, heavy cream, coffee, sugar, vanilla, and whiskey.
- When uniform, pour into a freezer-safe zip bag. Seal bag using the water displacement method and submerge in water bath to sous vide for 1 hour.
- Remove ice cream mixture from water bath. The alcohol will have separated from the cream so give the bag a good shake until everything is uniform again. Place bag into a cold ice bath until the mixture has completely cooled.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to instructions or use our special hack. Add a pinch of smoked salt into the ice cream maker in the last few minutes of churning. If using our hack, garnish lightly with smoked salt upon serving.
- Pack into freezer container and cover the top of the ice cream with plastic wrap. Freeze for at least two hours before serving.
Tags: chef, cooking, cream, creamy, delicious, dessert, dreamy, f52, food, foodporn, how to, ice cream, irish, nom, nomiku, recipe, sous vide, sousvide, st. patrick's day, sweets.