Dec 5, 2014
Sous Vide Coconut Garlic Chicken with Essie Spice
We got the chance to try out the amazing sauces from Essie Spice and one of our favorites was the Coco for Garlic–a delicious blend of coconut oil and roasted garlic. Every chance we got, we put Essie’s sauces with everything and now we’re out!
Lucky for us and for our fellow Nommers, when you use the code NOMIKU+ESSIE (don’t forget that plus sign) at the Essie Spice site, you’ll get 10% off your order until New Year’s Eve! This is a great way to put a unique spin on your holiday meal celebrations! Time to get sauced 😉
Cook time: 2 hours sous vide
- 1.5 lbs Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Thighs
- 1 Jalapeno – deseeded, diced
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- ¼ cup Coco-for-Garlic from EssieSpice
- ¼ cup Chopped Cilantro
- ¼ cup Shredded Coconut
- 2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Lime – cut into wedges
- Set up Nomiku water bath and turn temperature to 64°C (147.2°F).
- In a freezer safe zip bag, place chicken thighs in with a coconut milk, jalapeño, Coco-for-Garlic from EssieSpice, sea salt, and shredded coconut.
- Seal using the water displacement method and sous vide for 2 hours.
- Carefully remove chicken from water bath and serve over your favorite rice. We used jasmine rice.
Tags: chef, chicken, coconut, cooking, deal, discount, eating, essie, essie spice, exotic, food, foodie, foodporn, garlic, how to, meat, nom, nomiku, promo, recipe, sauce, sous vide, sousvide, special.