Jan 18, 2018
Sous Chef Meals: The meal kit that cooks itself
As our lives become busier and more demanding, we search for shortcuts to help meet all of our needs. One aspect of our daily lives that we are constantly looking for solutions to save time: mealtime!
One of the most popular time-saving meal solutions is turning to delivery a meal kit. They are shipped right to your door, but do they solve all, or even most, of your mealtime problems? Not quite.
Your standard meal kit isn’t always convenient
- They send portioned ingredients that are perishable in a matter of days. If your plans change, that food just goes bad.
- Many come with a lot of components that are wasteful or non-recyclable.
- They still require chopping, baking, sautéing and cleanup.
- Some recipes can take close to an hour from start to finish. So they are not exactly the time-saver they promise to be.
- You need to have a stove, oven, microwave, pots, pans, cutting board and utensils to prepare the meals.
- Shipments auto-default to weekly, even when you don’t get through the boxes at that pace. Your schedule changes but your deliveries don’t.
- You need a level of kitchen confidence and competency to prepare them.
We like to say meal kits are better and introducing some new meal ideas and options into your rolodex more than they are a time saver. But now there is a time-saving solution that gets you out of the kitchen to tend to your busy life (or, dare we say it, RELAX?).
Meet Sous Chef Meals!
What makes Sous Chef Meals different from other you average meal kit?
- We delivery chef-prepared and flash frozen dishes that can be stored in your freezer up at least 6 months.
- Everything we send you is recyclable and most packing ingredients are also made from recycled ingredients. Yay to no waste!
- No chopping, no babysitting your food at the stove and no pots and pans to clean up.
- Meals are ready in 30 minutes or less.
- You don’t even need a stove to make Sous Chef Meals. Hello dorm or studio solution!
- No weekly shipments that stack up, our smart subscription knows the pace at which you eat your meals and only sends you food when you have set the reorder status.
- Easy and safe enough for anyone at home to whip up dinner because all they need to know how to do is tap and drop the Sous Chef Meals into a water bath.
- Our app pings your mobile phone to let you know when your food is ready. You can make dinner while reading a book on the porch or watching your favorite show.
- Oh, and you get to cook sous vide from scratch with the RFID Nomiku even when you aren’t eating Sous Chef Meals. The Nomiku can help you make the perfect soft boiled eggs, medium-rare steaks, silky custards, infused oils and so much more.
But you don’t need to take our word on it, try for yourself and see how having Sous Chef Meals on hand, can offer some relief in the thick of your busy life.
- Sous Chef Meals: What TV dinners should have always been!
- 5 Sous Vide Bowls for Your Meal Prep (Including a Savory Breakfast Bowl)
- Sous Chef Meals: The meal kit that cooks itself
- These Sous Vide Egg Bites Are a Game-Changer!
- Thank you for helping us feed so many!
- Make It 7 Ways Meal Prep: Chicken Breast Can Be Exciting
- Celebratory Appetizers for Your Holiday Parties
- Quick Meal Hacks for a Stress-Free Pre-Holiday
- Holiday Roasts
- The Baconer: Meet the boutique sous vide bacon made possible with Nomiku