Dec 21, 2014
Rosemary & Thyme Sous Vide NY Strip Steak
You will love these steaks to the moo-n and back!
What our community loves about this recipe for Rosemary & Thyme Sous Vide NY Strip Steak is that it’s so versatile – One day you could enjoy these NY Strips for dinner with a nice glass of red wine, or you could enjoy these NY Strips for brunch, paired with a sous vide egg. There really is no wrong choice with your steaks!
Sous Vide cook time: 1-2 hours
- 2 NY Strip Steaks, around 1-2″ thick
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- Ground Black Pepper and Salt to Taste
- Set up Nomiku water bath and turn temp to 57°C (135°F).
- Bag the steaks with rosemary, thyme, and butter and seal using the water displacement method or using a vacuum sealer. Sous vide for 1-2 hours (1 hour per inch).
- Remove from water bath. Set a greased heavy pan or cast iron on high heat, remove steaks from bags and sear each side for 30 seconds or until a crust forms. Alternatively, use a culinary torch to brown.
- Immediately slice and serve. It’s great for brunch with eggs (See below)!
This recipe for ‘Rosemary and Thyme Sous Vide NY Strip Steak’ is also located in our Tender sous vide community here.
Tags: carnivore, chef, cooking, eggs, food, foodie, foodporn, how to, meat, nom, nomiku, paleo, protein, recipe, rosemary, sous vide, sousvide, steak, test kitchen, thyme, yolkporn.