Apr 7, 2014
Monday Nomday: Sous Vide Smashed Potatoes
Sous Vide Potatoes
Cooking time: 45 minutes, 5 minutes broiler
- 12 Small potatoes, can be fingerling
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 3 sprigs thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Set Nomiku water bath to 85ºC (185ºF).
2. Wash potatoes and bag with olive oil, rosemary, thyme, and salt. Remove air from bag and seal, cook for 45 minutes up to an hour.
3. Remove potatoes from bag and spread out on a baking sheet, smash with fork.
4. Heat oven on high broil and put in potatoes until crispy and a little brown on top, up to 5 minutes. In the video we use a blowtorch.
5. Remove from oven and plate, grind fresh pepper on top if desired and garnish with additional rosemary.
Tweet Like Pin Post Plus
Tags: food, foodie, monday, nom, nomday, nomiku, potato, potatoes, recipe, smash, sousvide.