Sep 25, 2017
Easy recipes using your Nomiku in Laurel Street Kitchen
Two recipes we love from Laurel Street Kitchen
We love seeing how people use the Nomiku to tweak, improve or speed up their favorite recipes and the latest Nommunity easy recipes come from Renee Frojo from the food blog: Laurel Street Kitchen.
Renee is a freelance food journalist based in San Francisco who cooks, travels and eats a lot of amazing flavors from around the globe. She was gifted a Nomiku many months ago but, like many, was unsure how to incorporate the food gadget into her cooking routine. This month she decided to finally crack open the box and learn how it worked. Minutes later she was cooking up a storm. Yup, she admits, it was just that easy.
She started with her riff on overnight oats. They are sweet and a little spicy, with cardamom and coconut milk. You can check out her recipe on Eat Tender here. These oats are an easy recipe that you punch up based on the ingredients you have on hand. We encourage mixing it up with new flavors. Hemp seeds, pluots, cocoa nibs . . . the possibilities are endless.
And then, she moved on to a great dinner recipe of sous vide flank steak tacos with fennel slaw and roasted red pepper salsa. YUM!!!
As a mom, she is always looking for a great meal that will feed the family without involving too much active kitchen time and this is just the trick. Check out the step by step on her blog: Laurel Street Kitchen. You can even plug the recipe into your Nomiku using the Eat Tender app and make dinner even easier.
What new recipes would you like to see on our blog in the coming weeks? Let us know.
Tags: DIY sous vide, nomiku sous vide, recipes, tacos.
- Nomiku goes to all the tech, food summits
- Tune in: Nomiku on Nom Nom Paleo Facebook Live
- Sous Chef Meals Remix: Cabbage Five Spice three ways
- Easy recipes using your Nomiku in Laurel Street Kitchen
- Sous vide: The suitcase solution to your foodie problems
- Sous Chef Meals Remix: Mexican Pork Shoulder
- Win a New Nomiku in this Back to School Photo Contest!
- Sous Chef Meals Tips! Easy Eggs and Cheesy Grits
- Meal Prepping Sous Vide Style: Breakfast Made Easy
- Sous Chef Meals are getting new menu items!