Nov 6, 2017
Canned No More: Try Your Hand at this Cranberry Sauce
We are not here to shame anyone that love the cranberry sauce from a can. Cranberry sauce, especially the canned variety, has a lot of nostalgia tied up in it and that cylindrical jelly gets the job done. But we are also all about starting new traditions.
If you are ready for some new flavors and texture in your cranberry sauce, we have just the recipe for you. This Honey-Bourbon Cranberry Sauce is closer to a relish or chutney than the cranberry sauce from the can but the fresh yet tart flavor cuts through the glutenous and fatty flavors that fill the Thanksgiving table.
Here’s how to make this new spin on an old favorite:
Honey-Bourbon Cranberry Sauce
7.5 oz Fresh Cranberries
1 Cup Honey
1 Tablespoon Orange Zest
1/2 oz Bourbon
Set Nomiku water bath to 84°C (183.2°F).
3. Sous vide for 1 hour or longer (the nice thing about this recipe is that you don’t have to watch it, let it go as you prepare other sides.) Carefully remove from water bath and using a towel, smash the cranberries in the bag. If you like a smoother consistency, you can toss it into the blender or put in a bowl and use and immersion blender.
4. Serve warm with your turkey or toss in an ice bath before refrigerating for later use. (This is a side you can make the day before and warm before you serve. We firmly support planning ahead when it comes to the holidays!)
Looking for more seasonal recipes? We suggest checking out our take on turkey, pumpkin, and cocktails. We also have some great ideas around veggies like these green beans with dates and lemon and a pumpkin creme brûlée that is a few steps up from the pumpkin pie you’ve eaten year after year.
*** Looking for the perfect gift for yourself or a loved one? We are gearing up for the holidays with some unbeatable deals! This week you get a free sous vide cookbook with your Nomiku purchase by 11/11 11:59pm Pacific. ***
Tags: cranberry sauce, food holiday, holiday recipes, sous vide, thanksgiving.
- Sous Chef Meals: What TV dinners should have always been!
- 5 Sous Vide Bowls for Your Meal Prep (Including a Savory Breakfast Bowl)
- Sous Chef Meals: The meal kit that cooks itself
- These Sous Vide Egg Bites Are a Game-Changer!
- Thank you for helping us feed so many!
- Make It 7 Ways Meal Prep: Chicken Breast Can Be Exciting
- Celebratory Appetizers for Your Holiday Parties
- Quick Meal Hacks for a Stress-Free Pre-Holiday
- Holiday Roasts
- The Baconer: Meet the boutique sous vide bacon made possible with Nomiku