Dec 14, 2014
Butternut Squash Scones with Cinnamon Glaze
Dec 14, 2014
Cook time: 15 minutes baking, 50 minutes sous vide
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Spice
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter, Frozen
- ½ cup Sous Vide Butternut Squash Puree
- 3 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- 1 Large Egg
For the Glaze
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, softened
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, salt and sugar. Mix well. Using a box grater, grate the frozen butter into the mixture and mix with your hands.
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, sous vide butternut squash puree, and beaten egg then add to dry ingredients. Mix well. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Roll dough out and cut into eight scones. Bake for 15 minutes or until brown.
- While the scones are in the oven, melt butter and cream cheese in the microwave for 20 seconds. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon to create a glaze.
- Cool for 10 minutes before you drizzle on the glaze. Enjoy!
Tags: bake, baker, baking, butternut, butternut squash, carbs, chef, cinnamon, cooking, delicious, food, foodie, foodporn, glaze, gourd, how too, molecular gastronomy, nom, nomiku, pastry, scone, scones, sous vide, sousvide, sweets, yummy.