Cook time: 72 hours sous vide, 4 minutes for searing
- 6 pieces of beef short rib (2 lbs)
- 1 carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup of red wine and a tablespoon for the mushrooms
- mushroom of choice
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat Nomiku to 60°C in a pot of water. For longer cooks the water can be at the max line but take care not to go over.
2. Rough chop carrot, onion, and garlic into small pieces.
3. Season each short rib generously with salt and pepper and vacuum seal with carrot, onion, and garlic, red wine, and 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Make sure short ribs are not overlapping. In the video we use the water displacement method and quart sized zip bags, two ribs fit per bag.
4. Cook sous vide for 72 hours.
5. Once ribs are done, heat a pan on high with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and sear each side until brown. Approx 30 seconds per side.
6. In a separate pan, sauté mushrooms in butter and a tablespoon of red wine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Plate the short ribs and mushrooms together.
See the video here: http://bit.ly/1c0ckpJ